Wednesday, December 19, 2007

~if Yan can cook, so can I!~

I had long wanted to try cooking this dish eversince it's become a craze here in Singapore. Frankly speaking, none of them tastes as good as the ones I had tasted in Batam, Tanjung Pinang and Bali. Yup, these are the only 3 Indonesian cities  I've ever been to. Pathetic, I know. But who cares, right? :p

Anyway, the dish I'm referring to is, of course, Nasi Ayam Penyet. Many improvisations have been made, to the dish but the name is still being retained. I really don't know if that's good or bad. And seriously, it's none of my business anyway. hehe.

However, I do find it a BIG business of mine to actually try to cook the dish. The procrastination is really because, when I'm free, many people I love and trust to critic my food, are not. Even the husband. :( But since MANY have said that it's rather easy and the hols are coming to an end (THAT SOON!! bluek!) I dared myself to, why not ey? Oh, and not forgetting, how very often Shikin has been eating at Nasi Ayam Penyet Ria, causing many to drool and I am one those found guilty as charged!

Very certainly, the holidays are the perfect time for me to experiment with many dishes.

So, be a critic. Look at the pictures and tell me if they look appetising to you. Or do they wanna make you puke?

I'm still in the learning process. hehe.

Enjoy the pics, at least, heh.

While I enjoy eating, alone. :(

my-nasi.jpg.

my-curry-prawns.jpg

Oh yeah, the second picture is obviously not Indonesian but it sure tastes good! hehe...did I just praise my own cooking? kekeke

ok, till next entry on my cooking. huh...when eh?

next hols??

hee hee hee

3 comments:

  1. eh eh sedap lah gambar dia..hehehe..menggiurkan sambal belacan tu...and prawns..i love prawns too!!!
    asal tak jemput?...*wails* pat mkn next time must rmbr me hor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyn can cook but kak g can't!!!! u weeekkkk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. janna kak G, i will let u all be my taster next time, Insya'Allah! heee!
    and janna, i GILA prawns!

    ReplyDelete